Monday, June 8, 2009

Sing with me now...

God is good, all the time!

Quick update:
no unemployment checks, got denied
no job
no wedding this weekend
no prospect for a new roommate after shannon gets married in aug.
no husband
no air conditioning
no interviews for jobs

BUT GOD-- these are my favorite two words in the WHOLE BIBLE!!! "But God" says everything about what goes on in the Bible and how Jesus cares for his flock- things may be crazy, life threatening, hard, you can't imagine them to get worse-then they do, BUT GOD!! he comes in and changes everything. he turns the world upside down with his power, glory, majesty, goodness, grace, mercy, forgiveness, justice. when you read "But God" get ready for something totally different than what the world or humans could plan or think. "But God" brings a smile to my face! watch out he's going to do something goooood, blow your mind, show what he is really made of, for his glory and worship so that ALL nations might know him, praise him, and fall before him on THAT DAY!

that's right, But God (my God) loves me, is faithful to have a plan for my life to prosper me, not to harm me. he has a purpose and a vision greater for me than i could ever know or understand with out the GIFT of his Holy Spirit, through the grace of his Son Jesus by the good pleasure of my Father God-

BUT GOD is all you need to know about my life, about my future, about my plans (his life in me, his future for me, his plans about me)



- whatever may come- BUT GOD!

3 comments:

Katie Norwood said...

Hey Meredith!! Your faith is so beautiful and precious to God. I know you are going through a hard time, but I know you are handling it with characteristic Meredith strength. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I don't live in Portland, but I can pray for you! And if you want to be a teacher... I can help you there!!

Page said...

Amen Meredith! Thanks for the encouragment. We all can use this in our lives. Thanks for being real and showing us where you are. Love you!

Summers said...

Ah sister friend...I loved this post. You know that those words are sweet music to our Jesus. I applaude you for allowing Him to be your strength right now cause MAN...I don't know if I could be that filled with fruit as you are. Bless you and may the Lord our God give you all the peace you need in this time...which He has set for you in His perfect plan. : )