Monday, May 25, 2009

I was born for this

I had my first wedding this past weekend and it was CRAZY... a few highlights
1. the bridal party got to the venue at
2pm the wedding wasn't until 6pm went till 11pm and i got their at 1pm
2. I didn't sit down for more than a combined total of maybe 15 minutes
3. the family and guests were nearly an hour early to the wedding -- a little crazy dealing with guests while you are still setting up
3. the kitchen just about ran out of food, which has never happened to them before- aka I didn't get dinner which i was supposed to get- did i mention i only ate breakfast at 10:30, no lunch??
4. My coordinator training me left just after the reception had started for a family emergency, so instead of shadowing i was THE coordinator for the rest of the night at the biggest wedding of their season! (things that hadn't happened before she left: speeches, toasts, cake cutting, special dances, and dancing with the DJ)
5. i was on my feet from 1pm till after 11pm that night- I could barely walk when i got home my feet hurt so much, and i wasn't even wearing heels:) - i need new shoes!!

all in all a great first day and night. i was born for this. i loved it and was super excited to show not only the clients but my new boss my professionalism and poise amidst a crazy situation on my first day!

No comments: