Friday, June 12, 2009

Church of Scientology

Why is Meredith writing about the Church of Scientology?

-- Did Tom say something crazy again?
-- have the aliens really come back already?

well no, but I did interview with a company yesterday that is teaching others how to grow their company by using the management tools that L. Ron Hubbard wrote. As I took the 200 question personality test and then a timed I.Q. test and then filled out an application I kept racking my brain for where I had heard that name before. I just couldn't remember- then low and behold as I sat in a conference room waiting for my new boss to come and interview me I look up on the wall and I saw the color tones of mood by L.Ron Hubbard poster!!

Are you kidding me?? seriously-- then hanging right next to another poster, which to be honest I can't even remember what was on it, but in VERY FINE print- "L.Ron Hubbard-- copyright in the 70s with Scientology" WHOOAA. I ended the interview asking what relationship the materials and the company had with the church of Scientology. the response was that one had nothing to do with the other! however she was honest that some of the same principles of the "organization" did correlate with the management tools. but they were all common sense type things (seriously?? is what i am thinking in my head)

needless to say i will NOT be taking this job, so sad for a wasted afternoon!
click here for the church of Scientology website- learn more about the craziness!!!!

No comments: