Thursday, August 28, 2008

Portland Weather

So the weather here is a little different from Texas. okay a lot different. Even if it is rainy, which it is about 90% of the year it feels great, there's little to no humidity. ITS GREAT! and in the summer there is about 2 weeks of HOT weather where it gets up to about 95. And the wonderfulness that you get in return is my last month's electricity bill. In July- the dead of Summer, my bill is only $18. THAT IS AWESOME!! I think I picked the right place to live. You may be asking how I did that- well no one in Portland actually has air conditioning, well if they do they have paid dearly for it and they live in a newer house. However, I live in an apt. building built in the 20s with some of the original hardware- so no airconditioning for me. And on top of that I didn't get a window unit because I live up on a hill with lots of trees!! Come and visit to enjoy the cool weather:)

No comments: