Monday, August 25, 2008

The Journey to NOW

The Robys
My "room" at the Robys aka the living room
Soo...

If you are catching up on me, let me fill you on the journey to Portland (PDX). I have come to Portland at least once a year for the past 6 years. Various friends for lots of different reasons have lived or moved here. So of course being a GREAT friend I have visited them, and over the years fallen in love with PDX and the Northwest. If you've never been then you just don't understand. It is different, in a good way from the South, Texas, Dallas, etc. Free and easy people, no "boxes" to fit in, beautiful mountains, 75 degree weather, etc. So after much discussion and urging from friends I finally made the decision for the big move last Fall. After telling family I planned on moving in Sept. '08 (this obviously did not happen). Now Jesus had a different time table and with job situations and my apt. I moved at the end of March. I lived with Daniel and Lesley Roby and their cute son Noah for a little over a month and various other houses of people that go to our church (more on the Church later). At the Roby's I stayed on there couch and lived out of suitcases:) It took me about 3 weeks to find a job. To keep me busy and not totally bored, I volunteered with Habitat PDX. A family friend works with them and it was a great welcome to the city. Now I have a job with Con-way Enterprises, a large trucking company in their Benefits Dept. I'm an Admin. Asst. and LOVE the people that I work with. I am lucky to live just 7 blocks from work and walk as often as I can. It is a cute little studio apt., a little quirky but a nice place to call my own:)

No comments: