Sunday, July 31, 2011

GLORY...

What an amazing word to describe something so BEYOND words. I have started to use it in everyday life to explain the wonderfulness, greatness, perfectness of something or event.
Ex)It is glory to have AC in my apartment
Ex) Driving 2 min. to work every day is...glory
Ex) Living with only 1 roommate, for my personality...glory
Ex) Fresh produce from the farmers market- you guessed it glory!

I realized this morning that it is dulling the phrase GLORY of the LORD...

I don't think I will stop using it, but use it with a fresh reminder of the majestic greatness of the GLORY of the LORD that sets my heart on fire, makes my face glow, and my mind in awe of who He is beyond the words to express. For after all if C.S. Lewis takes a whole book to discuss it, and yet says he falls short in explaining it, I think I am okay with realizing it is beyond me!
When you look at GLORY of the LORD in the O.T. every other entry is about His glory filling the Tabernacle and the priests couldn't do their work because the Tabernacle was overflowing with God... I mean come on with how awesome in power and the overwhelming wonderfulness is the presence of our King??!!!!

2 Chronicles 7:3
When all the Israelites saw the fire coming down and the glory of the LORD above the temple, they knelt on the pavement with their faces to the ground, and they worshiped and gave thanks to the LORD, saying, “He is good; his love endures forever.”

No comments: